Sunday, March 10, 2013

CRUNCHY SESAME CHICKEN WITH SOUR CREAM DIP


I remember attending a Holi party at a aunt's place. It was there I had this innovative Crunchy Sesame Paneer Recipe... And I was absolutely bowled over by the super crunchy layer outside and the  amazing soft texture, and the flavour the paneer strips had possessed. It was a perfect snack. What I loved about the whole recipe was its ingredients. Everything was just so healthy that you need not restrict your kids from gorging on to it... I got the recipe from her, tried it at home, and it came out pretty well. But, as I'm never happy with simple things when it comes to cookery, I decided to do a bit of experiment and it was then that the whole idea of replacing the paneer with chicken and serving it with a sour cream dip came about. Then I made it several times, then I changed a few ingredients as part of my experiments. As I replaced the paneer with chicken, the same way it can be replaced by fish fillet, bacon, or even sliced steaks.

INGREDIENTS

*6-8 Chicken breasts
*2tbsp. Garlic paste
*1tbsp. Ginger paste
*1 1/2 tsp Green Chilly paste
*1tsp Chilli flakes
*2tsp. lemon juice
*Salt,to taste
*4-6 crushed black pepper
*1tsp. Tobasco sauce.
*1tsp. Dark Soy sauce
*1tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
*1 cup sesame seeds
*1 egg white
*Oil, for frying.

FOR THE DIP

*1/2 cup hung curd
*1tbsp. finely chopped celery.
*Salt. to taste.
*1tsp Chilly flakes
*1tsp lemon juice.
*1/2 tsp crushed black pepper.


HOW TO COOK:

*Trim the meat and cut into strips of 1/2 x 2inch .

*Mix all the ingredients, except sesame seeds in a bowl. Add the chicken strips to it and marinate the
chicken for 2-3 hours.
*Heat oil in a wok.
*Pour sesame seeds on a plate. Coat the marinated chicken strips with the sesame seeds. Put the coated chicken strips in the heated oil and fry till golden brown.
*For the sour cream dip, mix all the ingredients of  the dip in a bowl and whisk it well.

*Serve the sesame chicken with the dip, and enjoy a crunchy and lip smacking snack..


No comments:

Post a Comment